Tock has 2 chit printing options – they can be printed from a chit printer or printed from an office printer.
Print them from a chit printer
Tock also works with a limited range of chit printers. To take advantage of this feature you’ll need one of the following types of chit printers:
- StarMicronics TSP100 - LAN LAN will require a physical Ethernet cable to connect this printer
- StarMicronics TSP100III - WLAN - The WLAN version supports adding a WiFi network
- StarMicronics TSP100III - Bluetooth The Bluetooth version will connect to your iPad via Bluetooth. Bluetooth MUST be turned on before attempting to connect
- Epson TM-T88V LAN - LAN will require a physical Ethernet cable to connect this printer.
- Epson TM-M30 - Bluetooth The Bluetooth version will connect to your iPad via Bluetooth. Bluetooth MUST be turned on before attempting to connect.
You’ll need to download the iOS app. When printing to a standalone chit printer, you MUST be printing from the Tock Dashboard App. You will not be able to print to a chit printer from a desktop/laptop computer.
Once the app and printer are both installed, operating the chit printer is easy…
Adding a Chit Printer
Make sure both the printer and the tablet are on the same network. Chit Printers MUST be added from a tablet, not a desktop or laptop computer.
Printing a Chit
Simply tap on the table and then tap the printer icon next to the guest profile.
Where should I purchase my chit printer?
If you’re located in the USA
If you’re located in the UK or Hong Kong
If you’re located in Australia
Print them from an office printer
Chits can be found in Tock’s dashboard under Operations. After selecting the desired date and the way you want your chit to look, click “Generate Chits”. The blue button next to that should then illuminate - click that and your chits will open in a new tab. If this doesn’t happen immediately, you may need to modify your browser settings to allow pop-ups.
Chits can be printed on 8.5 x 11 paper. The final result will look something like this when you select “4 per page” on a page. If you want to change the size of them, select, “2 per page (2 columns)”, "2 per page (2 rows), or for a huge chit, “1 per page”.